Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Too much stuff

Where to begin with the nursery? That was exactly my problem today. We have 3 bedrooms upstairs, one for us, one for Hudson, and one used as a junk room. I call it that because right now there is such a mish mash of crap I'm having a hard time figuring our where to start. It was once just our computer room with a desk and a book shelf and a closet full of games and my craft supplies. Now, since I've moved my office to home, we have another desk with another computer, a printer/fax machine, filing cabinet, and a ton of other crap like the vacuum and a card table with chairs and all the wrapping supplies. Too much crap.
We finished our basement last year and right now the only free space we have is the 'family room' which currently houses toys and accessories Hudson is too old for but will come in handy for the new baby. Like a swing. And a bumbo. And a jolly jumper. You get the idea.

Our plan is to clean out the 'office' entirely and move everything downstairs to the family room and make a nice set up there.

So today I cleaned out the closet and even though I'm half done (yes it took that long), I got rid of 2 garbage bags worth of crap. Yes, 2! Who needs old candles and scrap bits of wrapping paper and a collection of 9 empty shoe boxes? (In my defense, the shoe boxes were saved for wrapping small, oddly shaped items but since they haven't been needed in 2 years, off they go!).

All the clutter has been removed, now just to move the games and larger items (& furniture but that will be up to D) and organize them on a book shelf we bought last year and never have used. What is wrong with us, I mean really.

I'd like to get most of the stuff set up downstairs and then we can paint (it's blue already but I hate the shade and want green) and order Hudson a big boy bed and dresser to match. We'll swap the crib and dresser and rocker out and give them to the new babe for now.

Why can't we be minimalists???

No comments:

Post a Comment