Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mexico

The week away was great. It was nice to get away but as always, great to get home too. We went with my parents (who are NOT resort people), my aunt & uncle & their 2 year old son (who are resort people), and my grandma (who never really has been anywhere). It was a balancing act to try to keep everyone pleased and so we ended up eating most but not all meals together and doing our own things in the day. I thought Hudson would play with his cousin Zack more but Hudson ended up having 2 naps most days while Zack had one (during the time Hudson was awake). Zack also ended up with a sinus infection and had a fever for a couple days the poor guy. Most days were spent with either D or I in the room with Hudson while he was napping and the other trying to get some sun while we could.

I hate to say it but for the amount of work compared to the relaxation we had, I would rather wait and go on that kind of vacation in a few years. When the kids are say, at least 5 or 6, so they're more independent. For example, suppers were tough because you're at a nice sit down restaurant and meals take at least an hour. Well Hudson (or Zack) just didn't have the patience for that so they were either really fussy or someone had to get up and walk them around to keep them entertained. I'm not complaining, I'm simply taking note for the future vacations maybe aren't a great idea for a few more years.

Even though we were there for Christmas and Santa came out in a golf cart & there were Feliz Navidad signs up, it just didn't feel like Christmas. It felt like any other day and nothing special. Hudson's so little and he doesn't get the whole Christmas thing now but I don't think I'd go away for Christmas again. I loved the not-having-to-host-and-get-stressed-out thing but those are the days that memories are made, that traditions are set, and that kids grow up cherishing and want to replicate with their own families. Next year will be different. Next year will be the start of our own family Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment