Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The rebel

This morning Hudson had his first music class. It's through the University and is for 1-2 year olds to learn about different sounds & instruments and learn nursery rhymes.

You know how in every class there's one kid who is wild, they don't listen or follow instruction very well & yell and scream if they don't get to play with the stuffed elephant when they are supposed to be playing with a ball? That was Hudson today.

Mort*i*fying.

Really. I was so embarrassed. He didn't want to pay attention to anything the teacher was doing or what the other kids were playing, he just saw the wall of toys and instruments and wanted those. Instead of doing the actions for Patty Cake, he pointed at the wall and squirmed to get free for a chance to play with the forbidden items. Instead of banging the drum on his turn, he took the stick and threw it. Even the teacher stopped in the middle of the class and said 'if any of the little ones don't feel like cooperating you can take them outside in the hallway and rejoin when they've calmed down so not to disturb any of the others'.

I just felt like crying.

In my delusion, I thought Hudson was a great little boy. He seemed very well behaved and even people have commented on what a good boy he is. I don't get it. Maybe he was having an off day. Maybe he's decided that he wants to be a free spirit and rules are for suckers. Maybe he's decided that he's no longer going to listen to anyone with authority. I just don't know.

Next week has to be much much better.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry or be embarrassed. He was being a kid, he was being a boy! He might have been having an off day, like you said.

    ReplyDelete