Saturday, July 16, 2011

Nighttime is the hardest

Why is it that nighttime is the hardest when you are missing someone you love? As the sun goes down, the ache begins and you can't stop wishing they were near.
Devin and Hudson went camping this weekend (with Devin's brothers as well). This is Hudson's first camping trip and my first weekend without Devin and Hudson. At first, I was excited. Excited to have a weekend to myself (well with Hayden too) to do things that I wanted to do. No real schedule. I mean I can't even remember the last time I was able to lay on the couch and watch a movie.
So far I've gone for a run (and I hope another tonight), watched 2 girl movies, went to the farmers market, went shopping, and did a couple things around the house. Hayden is quite willing to do anything I have in store :). Plus he's not mobile so I don't have to keep my eye on him every second like I do with Hudson.
Last night, I was sad. I missed sleeping next to Devin and I missed Hudson-cuddles right before bed. Instead of the house feeling full of life and love, it just felt empty.
I'm enjoying my momma time and my one-on-one time with Hayden but nighttime is definitely the hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment