Hayden is a week old already! Things are going great at home as we're now settling into a routine and D and I are slowly figuring out what life is like now with 2 little ones. I still can't believe that we are parents to two kids now, it almost feels like we went from a married couple right into a family of four.
Hayden is slowly getting turned back around from being awake all night and sleeping all day. He likes to cluster feed from midnight til about 7am which means that momma gets very little sleep at night. I just sleep when I can and so far I haven't needed to rely on anything stronger than a couple cups of tea to make it through the day, lol. I know it's only been a week but I think we'll be fine and it's not going to be as coma inducing as I thought I would be.
Hudson is getting used to having Hayden around too. He checks on him when he's sleeping in his bassinet and when Hayden cries he runs to hand me the bottle or his soother. Yesterday, he even tried to give Hayden his soother but was a bit too rough for my liking. At least he's trying to be helpful and we're trying to encourage it and keep him incuded. I need to get over feeling guilty that I can't spend the same amount or quality time with him anymore. No more outings for a bit until Hayden is older but I guess that's what comes with families with more than one kid. As an only child, I'm very quickly trying to learn how to manuver into these unchartered territories.
Hudson's favorite saying is 'Uh-oh'. He says it probably 50 times a day and used to say it with the proper meaning but now says it for EVERYTHING. He says it when he drops something on the floor, his sippy cup is empty, when Sesame Street is over, when he wants a snack, when Hayden cries, etc. It's kind of funny but I find myself saying 'No honey, that's not Uh-oh' more times than I thought I ever would. Sometimes we even hear him in his room by himself saying 'uh-oh' and we just laugh. He's is too cute for words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment