After the last post and feeling helpless I decided to do something about it. This momma bear had enough of sleeping for an hour at a time so I decided to enroll our baby into boot camp! Yes, boot camp for my newborn. No more sleeping and eating whenever he wanted. I started by keeping him awake after feedings in the day for at least 30 minutes. He needed to realize that daytime is for being awake and nighttime is not.
After being in the habit of staying awake, I am now proud to say that Hayden is on a schedule!!! AND HE SLEEPS FOR 3 HOURS AT A TIME! It took a couple days but we're there. Now he wakes up after 3 hours, almost to the minute, and I can get him changed, fed, and back to sleep is usually under 20 minutes. No longer do I have to sleep on the couch! I can sleep in my own bed, next to my husband! REJOICE!!
I highly recommend Momma's boot camp for babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment