Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hudson's progress



Hudson is growing up so fast! He's learnt a lot in the past few months and I see quite the change in him from even a few months ago. He loves interacting and playing with Maddie now. He would before but I don't think he really knew how to play with her and she was still unsure about her. He'll go get a ball or one of her toys and throw it for her (usually at her not away from her) and she runs and goes to get it. He'll grab it and run and Maddie will chase behind him, with Hudson laughing the whole time. He'll also go and pick up her dry dog food and give it to her like a treat, one at a time. He always makes sure she never goes hungry. I can just see how close they are going to be when he's older.

He's really into mimicking right now. You tap something, he does. You dance, he does. You do anything really and he'll try to do it too. That has it's pros and cons.

As for toys, he's really into playing with his megablocks, coloring, and playing (fetch for the lack of a better term) with a ball. We've gotten flash cards to try to help him learn words. The thing is he knows exactly what things are and he'll point to them but talking and saying the word is a whole other story. If you ask him to bring something to you he will (unless he's in one of his defiant moods), if you ask him if he wants a snack, he'll run to the pantry, if you say that we're going upstairs, he starts up the stairs etc. He knows what you are saying but he just doesn't want to talk. I guess he doesn't need to since we're so good at deciphering, lol. I just know there will be a day when we wish that he couldn't talk so I'm not trying to rush it too hard. :)

He's also pretty great eater. He'll eat pretty much anything except he doesn't like shrimp, mushrooms, or spicy food. It's still hard for him to eat a brothy soup or a salad but he mainly just eats what we do now. It's good for D and I because it makes me more mindful of what I make for suppers. He also uses a spoon or fork great. I just remember when I was so frustrated before when he wouldn't eat. Must have been a phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment