Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Verbage

I am sad to say that I don't exactly know when Hudson started talking. Around a year he began calling everything Da-Da whether it was his toy car, me, or actually even D. At some point he transitioned and recognized that D was infact Da-Da and everything else had different names.
Now he's got a few more words under his belt. Ma-Ma, gall (in place of ball), uh-oh, and on rare instances we've caught him saying doggie and horsie.
The 'experts' say he should be saying between 25-50 words by now but that's a far reach for our monkey.
Instead of him focusing on his words I think he's focusing more on understanding what we're saying and following commands and requests. If I ask; he'll go get Maddie's leash for me when we go outside, he'll go up or down the stairs, go to his room when I ask if he needs a diaper change, he'll go get my shoes for me, gather up his toys, get his milk and water cups before meals, and a multitude of other things he helps with on a daily basis.
I'm not concerned that he's not exactly 'where he should be'. It'll come on his own time just like everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment