Sunday, August 15, 2010

10 Months

Dear Hudson,
Today, you are 10 months old my son. 10 whole months have passed in which you've given me the gift of being a mother and every day I have cherished you. You fill me up with so much joy and contentment, words cannot express. You continue to teach me new things everyday-things about you, about myself in which I never knew, and about the importance of things in this world. For that, I am ever grateful.

10 whole months have passed since you were born and you have changed so much. In those few short months you have gone from being completely dependent on your father and myself to becoming more and more independent with each passing day. You are happy to play by yourself most times, can give yourself a bottle now, and can easily move yourself around and get where you are wanting to go. You enjoy feeding yourself now and prefer solid finger food to purees at this point.

You are swiftly learning how to maneuver around furniture and practice walking and balancing whenever you get the chance. I don't think it will be long before I have tears welling in my eyes as my baby boy walks with arms outstretched towards his momma for the first time.

I also don't think it will be that long before you say your first words. You are constantly babbling (you are like your mother in that regard) and say dadadadada and mumumumum quite frequently. It won't be long before my heart melts again when you look at me with your big blue eyes and say 'momma' and actually intend it.

You are growing up my darling little boy but I know this is just the start of it. The start of me being so very proud of you whether it's because you take your first steps unassisted, score the winning goal in a game, or just because you have found happiness in this life. I see how proud you are of your accomplishments already, no matter how small, and I am equally as proud. I hope that you continue to keep making yourself proud, that is an important lesson in life. Because I know, no matter what, you already have the proudest momma in the world.


Love you always,

Your momma


No comments:

Post a Comment