
Lately our weekends have been stuffed and filled with events and things that need to get done around the house. I don't think it'll be until sometime in August (if that) before we have just a weekend to do nothing.
This weekend we stained our deck (which now looks awesome btw), I had a girls night out (which was also awesome!), we attended the Bridge City Boogie with D's family, and D helped his mom out at their farm with his brothers as they are trying to get the house ready for the rehearsal dinner and gift opening that will be held there.
The Boogie is just a fun 5 or 10K run/walk for local programs and a good way to just get everyone out of the house and doing some exercise. Last year I was 5 months pregnant and I walked the 5K (and ran the last 1K) and this year I did the same and pushed Hudson in the stroller with D. I ended up shaving 7 minutes off my time! Next year I think I'm going to run a K, then walk, then run for a K etc. I don't know if I'm quite ready to run all 5K at once since I don't like running and probably will never do it on my own, lol, but it's something to work towards I guess.
This next weekend we have a BBQ/30th birthday of 2 of our closest friends (they, like us, share the same birthday-weird!), D has a regatta for work, and of course FATHER'S DAY!! At least it's nothing boring or tedious planned.


No comments:
Post a Comment