Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bliss

D's headed off to the lake this weekend for J's bachelor party (they decided there wasn't enough time or resources for them to go-I'm glad they came to their senses) so it's just me and the peanut. I think we're going to go to my grandmas house for a night, their town is celebrating their 100th birthday this weekend. There will be lots of family and good times.

I've decided that to keep my stress levels down and my sanity intact, I need to stop contact with my mother until she goes and successfully completes treatment at a facility. After that, I'll reassess what I think is best for my family and D and I will make the decision on what to do. I'm just tired of the constant drama (she's been drinking every weekend and my dad leaves the house because he doesn't want to be around her and this weekend her dog went missing, long story short, I found him posting a profile of him on a website and to be honest I don't even think she cared or my dad for that matter.) That's another story for another day though. It's just DRAMA. And as easy as it is to get wrapped up in it, I don't even care anymore. I've got a great thing going on here where I am with my family and they can be dramatic without me. I don't need it.

On a much happier note, I have a baby that is having an afternoon nap for the first time in 4 days and I'm feeling pure bliss right now. He's been taking his morning nap but has been skipping his afternoon nap and going to bed 1/2 hour early lately. During the morning nap, I clean the house, or make his baby food, work, etc and then I like to take the time he naps in the afternoon to do what I want to do. Like nap if I'm tired, watch TV, blog etc. and I've been missing not being able to do those things so right now I'm going to take full advantage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment