It's been a long week for us. Hudson is getting his first molars in (3 of them) and he's not sleeping well at night which also means we're not sleeping well either. The first night the poor guy cried for 2 hours straight. We've been giving him Advil but it doesn't seem to be doing that much. At least in the day his teeth don't seem to be bothering him and he's not grumpy or sore and he naps well so momma can also nap then. I don't know what I'd do if I was busy with work right now or worked a 9-5 job with being drained from the pregnancy on top of it. Hopefully the teeth will work their way through sooner than later.
So far this pregnancy has been the same but also different than the last. I'm still sick and puking almost everyday but smells don't bother me as much as they did last time. My heightened smell hasn't kicked in yet so I don't know if it's still to come or not coming at all. I crave vinegar or grapefruit juice (not pink grapefruit, the real strong stuff) instead of sweets. The stronger the better. I'm tired like I was last time. This time it's much worse though because I can't just take a nap whenever I want. Plus Hudson's teething and up at night so I'm pretty much counting on this to be what life will be like when the baby comes. We have my mom plus D's mom recruited for a week or so to help out (by that I mean let me sleep) when D's at work. D's also got some time off saved up that he can use too so I should be good (hopefully) for 3 or 4 weeks. I don't do well on little or no sleep, I never have even as a little kid so as long as I can get some napping in I will be good.
One major difference for me in this pregnancy than last is the fact that I haven't seem to gain as much weight or protruded as much. By this time last year I could no longer wear my regular jeans. I was in maternity pants or sported the bellaband by 12 weeks. I'm 13w now and my jeans fit fine.
This fact alone makes me convinced it's a girl. I think D is really hoping for a girl (although he would be just as happy with a boy) but I'm the opposite. I think another boy would be great especially since Hudson and the new baby will be so close in age. Not to mention the fact that it's easier with all boy related clothes, toys, etc. If it's a girl, I'd be just as happy. As long as their healthy and happy.
Only 7 more weeks til we find out, lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


#1. I am so sorry about the teething. A teething toddler (yes he is a toddler now) is no fun. I hope it passes quickly.
ReplyDelete#2. I have no idea how you are doing all of this and being pregnant. Phew I'm tired just thinking about taking care of a child, working and being pregnant.
#3. I need some bump pictures to help me figure out if it is a boy or girl.
Lol, I'll work on the pictures part. It's been alright since I work from home I can just nap when he does if need be.
ReplyDelete