Friday, February 26, 2010

Waiting

Yes, that's right. I told my hormones that I'm going to wait to have another baby. I thought long and hard about it and right now, things just work. I'm still able to work as much as I did in previous years (I've been lucky that I can do it evenings and weekends so far) and until we pay off our cc's and our line of credit meaning we will then allow ourselves to get a new vehicle, then baby #2 must wait. I thought about it and if I was to get pregnant now, and even assuming that I'm not sick during my pregnancy and unable to work, I can't swing it. We're going to wait until August or so before we start trying which means that baby will be born in May or later (allowing me to have one more busy spring of work). It just makes sense. D agrees with me and says that as long as we're in a good financial position and we've accomplished most of our goals then he's game. If we do it next month then good, if it takes until August then that's also good. It gives me more of that extra push to get my ass in gear work wise!
Hudson is doing great. He got his 4 month shots yesterday and he was a very brave boy. He only cried a little but he's very easy to cheer up. The nurse weighed him and he's 18 lbs!! He's in the 95th percentile but she said that she's never come across a 4 month old so solid in muscle before, hence the 18lbs. I was a proud mom :) She also said that developmentally he's more like a 6 month old in regards to how alert he is, how he can follow things easily with his eyes, and how he has a good set of lungs and squeals when he's happy. She may have been crazy but I'd like to believe her :)
We have started our bellie's and buns fitness class this week. It's similar to the last class but instead of walking with the babe around an indoor track for 1/2 hour then weights, it's 1/2 hour of cardio (usually step) and then weights. I'm not sure I like it as much as I'm new to the whole step thing and screw up lots and the instructor doesn't involve the babies as much. He just lays on the mat beside me and plays. When I pick him up and sit him on me when we're doing crunches or something, he squeals so loud, right over the music. Everyone laughs.
Oh Hudson, you are such a wonderful little boy. I hope you know how truly special you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment