Thursday, February 18, 2010

4 months


Already 1/3 of a year already! He's getting better at sitting unassisted although he doesn't really like bending (he acts like he's a 2 x 4) and he is wobbly. He can't sit for long by himself before he falls over but he trying. He's not trying to roll over at all. I keep reading that babies by 4 months are usually able to roll over but he's not even trying at this point. He would much rather stand or sit. I think he's going to walk before he crawls, but that's just me.
Right now he's going through a bit of a growth spurt I think. He's been sleeping a lot more and whenever he starts the eyes closed screaming I put him in his crib and he falls asleep right away. Sometimes for 20 mins, sometimes for 3 hours. Anything to stop the screaming.
He's been eating around 4 1/2 9oz bottles a day. We stopped feeding him rice cereal after about 3 times because we decided that there's no rush. Plus I don't want to have to deal with that in Mexico and have more stuff to sterilize (we're staying in a house not a resort so we have to be careful about the water).
Plus he's not starving or needing to sleep more or not feeling full enough so he'll be fine.
Yesterday was my dad's 50th birthday! Part of the reason of this trip we're taking with my parents is that it's D and I's 30th birthdays this year and my parents just turned 50. It's sort of a celebration for all of us.
I took this pic early yesterday and sent it to my dad. He passed it around at work and printed it out to show mom (she's not the best with technology) and he's going to put it up in his office at work. He's a proud grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment