Thursday, January 28, 2010

Update time

I don't really have too much to post about but I thought I'd give a quick update anyways!
We had to buy Hudson new diapers because he outgrew the other ones so fast. I did a bunch of research and basically the ones that were recommended time and time again were the BumGenius diapers. I found a great sale on the one size diapers (so we hopefully don't run into the problem of outgrowing again) and so I bought 24 one size diapers and 2 swim diapers (for our upcoming trip) with shipping for $400. I think that's a great deal considering these will last hopefully until he's potty trained and we can use them for the next babe.
I have to say that these diapers ROCK! We've never had a leak and overnight when he sleeps 7 or more hours straight, NO LEAKS! We had previously bought 3 other kinds of cloth diapers and at some point all of them would leak, either in the front when he was sleeping or around the legs. Not these ones. I puffy heart these diapers!!!!

The walk and stroll class is almost over :( Hudson has a great time, he loves the last half of the class when we have weights and I use his as my weight (he's a good size weight). Although he gets fussy when I have to put him down to do moves I can't use him for. He's all smiles and yesterday he was laughing so loud other people stopped to look at us (his laugh sounds like he's crying). Too funny. I've only got 9 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight! I hope to keep going and maybe lose another 10 pounds. We'll see how it goes. Ever since I started working out, I have gotten tons of stretch marks on my boobs. I was pretty lucky and didn't really have any during the pregnancy but there is way more now. Bleh.

Work is getting busy for me but it's still manageable with me working some evenings and weekends. I know a couple people who have recently gone back after the year (we get 1 year paid maternity leave, except for those of us that are self employed-we get no paid time off) and they have such a hard time. They like the adult interaction but I couldn't imagine. I'm lucky that as a real estate agent I can work kinda when I want to and stay home with Hudson as much as I can. I don't know if I could go back to a full time job and leave him all day and then cram everything else into the evenings. I'm pretty lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment