Thursday, August 11, 2011

Slow down summer!

I feel like the summer is racing past us. Summer is always so busy (and next summer with the move will be even more so) but I'm really trying to put the breaks on. I'm not ready for the cold and the snow and the being stuck inside for days on end. Slow down summer!

With time passing so quickly I thought I'd get a head start on Hudson's second birthday plans. Now that he's older and has developed interests, we're having a Sesame street themed party! I've gathered ideas for decorations and food and invitations so now it's just implementing the ideas. D might think I'm crazy for starting this so soon but with the budget that we're on, a little planning ahead won't hurt. I'm sure he'll be all for that.

The summer program is now over. It's too bad because he really liked playing with the kids and I feel like he's starting to get bored again. At times it's difficult for me to play with him during the day because I have Hayden to look after not to mention other 'mommy' related things to do like make meals, clean up, etc. But I try to get some Hudson time in each day. Soon enough Hayden will be big enough and they can play together.

Now that Hudson is older and playing with kids, I'm going to try to take him to the indoor playgroup held twice a week in town. We went last year but he was a bit too young to really play with the kids and just did his own thing. I mean, that's ok but kind of defeats the purpose of the group.

My running has been going well. I'm on week 5 now and trying to run 3 times a week. I usually end up taking Hayden with me and can run for 5 mins at a time now! Hopefully I'll be ready in a month and a half for the 5K! I'll just keep at it.




No comments:

Post a Comment