Friday, July 9, 2010

Failures and successes



So hiding the veggies is not going as well as originally thought. He now purses his lips and refuses to eat. Oh my little boy. Neither D or I are picky eaters but I predict he might be a handful. Mixing isn't really working either although sometimes I get lucky and it does. For example, this morning I made a delicious breakfast of rice cereal and pumpkin. No good. I added a bit of cinnamon. Yum? Nope. Then I added a mixture of avocados and bananas I took out for his lunch. Nope. As a last attempt I then added a fresh plum. Epic fail. I know it sounds gross but the 'experts' say that babies don't know what goes together and what doesn't. Le sigh. Perhaps we'll try and see if he'll eat it for lunch and if not, I guess I'll have to figure out a new plan.

The whole not-wanting-to-lay-on-my-back-while-I-get-my-diaper-changed is causing mommy to prematurely loose her hair. For now we have resorted to taking off and putting on the diaper while he is sitting. This is a very difficult thing to do especially when he's got a diaper full of #2. My goodness, Hudson, the things you make your mother do for you. Oh, and this has also spilled over into naptimes and will now only take his bottle sitting up where he then drifts off sitting up while I'm rocking him and to recline him causes him to instantly wake up and cry. Once he's vertical, he's great again so at least it's good news that he likes to sleep on his belly.

Hudson is now a crawling machine!! He's getting quicker too and it's funny because when he gets to his desired location he looks so proud and so happy at his accomplishments. Twice now, I've turned around and he's gotten D's Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King off the bookshelf. He also gets on all fours and looks Maddie right in the eye and grins. I think he's waiting until he gets fast enough to strike!

He's getting pretty good at pulling himself up too, although he must pull and hang off our shirts to do so.
He's a little monkey that guy!

2 comments:

  1. I hate changing Carter's diapers because he flips over and attempts to crawl off the changing table. It should be an olympic sport changing his diaper because it takes lots of talent to do it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, no doubt!! I hope that they grow out of this sooner than later :)

    ReplyDelete